Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Simple Pleasures


By now enough Dove chocolates with the instructions, "Buy yourself flowers," have come my way that I've been brainwashed into even more self-indulgance (I like to think I wouldn't do it on my own... at least I know I lie). This week I splurged and went with some cheerful yellow tulips. The extravagance continued with some perhaps unneccessarily large quantities of fresh fruit. I didn't always like them, but now I love having fresh lemons and limes on hand. Lemons always remind me of when I went with friends to Italy... something about the easy warmth and saltiness of the Mediterranean air made them the perfect refreshment. I purposely picked up this little silver basket from the local Good Will to showcase them (it probably used to hold loofahs). I love the play of the yellows and greens with the blue and silver. Add some great Nag Champa incense to the mix and it's pretty homey. I also love Ele's beautiful idea of a wishing wall... everyone should have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment